Thursday, February 4, 2016

Dia Dhuit! (First Week :D)

Surreal is the word that comes to mind as I transitioned into this adventure. Leading into the last few days in Nebraska everything seemed very normal. Yes I was excited, nervous, anxious, but that all gave way to the surrealness of the moment when I went through security in Omaha. Seeing everyone there gave me a level of comfort and security, but the surrealness of moment lingered. The flights were seamless, and the layover in Newark went by like the blink of an eye, and before I knew it, we were landing in Shannon Ireland. I was more at this moment I realized that those I left behind I would not be seeing for the next three months.
My thoughts were greeted first by Dr. K, then the Irish rain that we have heard so much about. Our buss to Park Lodge seemed to take forever, then again, we had just traveled through air the entire previous day, so head was somewhat hazy. The next few days we have been greeted by nothing but smiling faces, wonderful food and a few sunny days. So far, everything is going better than I have expected. I do miss home, and those I have left behind, but the new friends I am making, and the experiences i'm having help to outweigh those feelings. I hope this trend continues!!




1 comment:

  1. Damnit, if you can go, I am going!! Looks amazing! Can't wait to hear details when you return.

    ReplyDelete