Thursday, April 21, 2016

Daily Life

Spiddal!
Daily life here in the cottages and in the local area is pretty simplistic. Waking up, my first and most important objective is to make coffee. With my free time before class I usually just hang out in the cottage and greet my friends as they wake, and by 10 a.m. we are all on our way to class. Four hours later after class we all get together and come up with a game plan for the day. Some of us opt to head into Galway, while others chose to go to Spiddal for a bite to eat and to pick up a few groceries for the next couple of days. I often walk to Spiddal for the delicious Fondito Queso, which I highly recommend if you ever find yourself at Tigh Gibblins. 
The Atlantic


Usually I find that I or someone who has come with me to Spiddal will begin to mingle with the locals, and we always end up having some great conversations. Politics here in Ireland is usually the way most of our conversations end up going. The walks back from Spiddal are the best part. The sun on the still Atlantic is a beautiful sight that I will never forget. As our day winds down, we find different ways to entertain ourselves. Some of us will play cribbage, UNO or other various card games. We sometimes have the other cottages over for a monopoly night that always tends to end on a bitter note. We also have dinner together most every night, and usually spilt up the responsibility amongst us so we can all chip in. If there is one thing that I will truly miss at the end of this trip, it is going to be our group cohesion and our ability to work together to make our days here much easier and a lot more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment